The grade 9 field trip to Confederation Centre is coming up on Wednesday and, as promised, here are a few more details:
1. Students will travel by bus to Confederation Centre and will be asked to stay with their class cohorts throughout the afternoon.
2. Mrs. Cole and I will be the teacher chaperones.
3. The show is 1 hr and 6 minutes in length starting at 2.00 pm with door opening at 1:30 pm.
4. Note from the director of guest service: “There is no intermission. The washrooms in the lobby are now All Gender and we are limited to only 7 stalls and 1 accessible. It would be great to have students use the washroom prior to arrival as much as possible as line ups can form quickly . However, that being said , of course they will have access to washrooms after they enter the theatre if need be.”
5. Parents should plan to pick students up by 3:15 p.m. at the Confederation Centre of the Arts. After the show, the students will be exiting the theatre through the colored doors on the upper plaza which is on the corner of Queen and Grafton. Parents can pick students up after the show on the upper plaza
6. Students who have permission to walk to another location for pick-up must provide a note on Wednesday, or parents can e-mail me at email@example.com no later than Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. to let me know that permission has been given.
Thank you for your support. The show is said to be moving and educational, and I hope that the students have a positive experience.
Click below to watch a 5 minute CBC video that provides some background on the true story that inspired “Between Breaths”.