I just wanted to send out a few reminders about all of the band events that are happening next week. Please take a few moments to read the latest band news. Thank you!
- All three bands (grade 7, 8, and 9) will be performing in a band concert at Bluefield High School on Tuesday, November 8th. The concert will begin at 7:00 p.m. and students are asked to arrive by 6:20 p.m. Grade 8 and 9 students will wear their uniforms, and grade 7 students are asked to wear a shirt in a solid color (no logos or patterns) and black pants. *If the white long sleeve t-shirts arrive by Tuesday I will let you know, and grade 7 students can wear the full uniform. Band vests were passed out to grade 7’s this week.
- Grade 9 band students will perform at the school Remembrance Day assembly on Thursday, November 10th in our gymnasium, and at the outdoor Legion Remembrance Day service in Crapaud on Friday, November 11th. Students will need to provide their own transportation to the Crapaud service. Uniforms are required for both events. Times will be posted next week.
- All students are asked to pay the $25 band fee by November 25th. Payments can be made during parent-teacher conferences or sent in by e-transfer (email@example.com). These fees pay for instrument repair and maintenance, band supplies (reeds, cleaning cloths, valve oil, etc.) and the white t-shirts that are worn with the band vests.
- All of our fun, extra-curricular activities and field trips are supported by our fundraising campaign. The details for the Recipes in Jars campaign can be found on the Oct. 27th blog post. Online sales are encouraged, but paper order forms have also been distributed to students. Students who sell 6 jars will be invited to attend an ice cream party in December.
- All students have one playing assignment and a chapter of music theory to complete for the first assessment period (details are in their Google Classrooms). In addition to this, students are asked to practice at home to prepare for upcoming performances. Home practice is really the most important of the three assignments. Please encourage your child to practice during this long weekend! Thank you for your support!